Join us for this timely, complimentary, educational workshop, presented by R. Lane (Bob) Farmer PhD, professor of finance and wealth strategist on what causes market volatility and how you can survive market swings.
We’ve certainly had our share of market volatility. But the fact remains that economic uncertainty – both here and abroad – can spur volatility in the financial markets. Even during turbulent times (like what we are experiencing), you can more confidently ride out a financial storm if you’re prepared and have sound
financial strategies in place.
Planning for retirement today is much different than it was even a year ago. People are living longer, which means their money needs to last longer – many retirement plans are simply no longer suitable for today’s volatile economic conditions. And with the record government deficits and record government spending increases – what will higher taxes and inflation do to investments?
Important informational topics we’ll discuss:
• Factors that influence the economy & financial markets
• How events have influenced stocks.
• The outlook for the U.S. economy in 2020.
• Will a 15% tax increase impact you?
• What is tax free income and how can I use it to my advantage?
• What investment objectives, time frame and risk tolerance means.
• Types of Investment risk and how they can affect you.
• What does a sound financial strategy look like to fit your needs.
• How to weather “financial storms” and be prepared for the next one.
• Bring your questions!
Attendees will receive a complimentary workbook (one per household) - Investment Strategies for Uncertain Markets! (In lieu of charging for this workbook, we kindly ask that you bring a food item for the Weld County Food Bank. Any item(s) you can give is greatly appreciated but not expected).
Yummy refreshments will be served.
Reservations are required. To meet social distancing requirements, seating will be limited. Best to confirm you seats early!
Date and Time
Tue, Aug 04, 2020
6:00p - 7:30p MST